From the Horse’s Mouth… an email from a Palin-loving Feminist; A Measure of the (BIG) Challenge Ahead
By letterhead | September 8, 2008
What follows here (in red text) is an email written by a middle-age woman from New York City who would have voted for Hillary (”with reservations”), but is now supporting McCain/Palin… for the reasons (or lack thereof) outlined below.
The talking points have all been debunked — e.g., Obama only supports “one or two” energy solutions; in fact, he supports all options including drilling for natural gas, and even “clean coal”… against the environmental wing of his party.
The most interesting way to read this, though, is as a mash-up of campaign talking points. This is the way a campaign’s message platform is digested and regurgitated by the public.
The scary thing is that this is the tenor of the debate right now all across America — rabid, ill-informed, and mud slinging. And when the national dialogue sinks to that level, the GOP usually wins because they’re better at it.
ALL OF THIS TEXT IS PRESENTED JUST AS IT WAS WRITTEN… yes, including the part where she claims that Obama is trying to get himself assassinated to be more like the “do-nothing” JFK who “got us involved in the Russian missile crisis”…
[All that stuff] is a bunch of bullshit clearly written by a one sided left leaning elitest media organization or a smear campaign emanating from the Democratic party. Both parties are capable of this. It is also blatantly sexist and insulting for me as a woman to read and receive.
While I do not buy into many of the causes of the Republican party, one thing I can say for sure is:
1. McCain is infinitely stronger than Obama as a presidential candidate – because he has a record, does not flip flop and is not condescending
2. Palin is a rock star in my mind and many other voters’ minds. And yes, I would have voted for Hillary but with reservations.
3. Alaska is not a sophisticated, cosmopolitan state, like most of the country. Newsflash: NY, SF and CHI do not make up the vast majority of our country. The media is not based in small towns either.
4. Palin has a terrific track record as a reformer and has made many enemies within her own party in order to do what was right for her constituency.
5. Palin and her family have every right to CHOOSE to have Downs Syndrome babies and go through with Teen pregnancies. It has nothing to with what this woman is capable of or how many kids she has elected to have or her personal choices in life. Do you realize she gave birth and was back on the job as Governor in 3 days? Sometimes timing is off for things. She chose to move forward, just like many people would have abortions here in NYC. I don’t think Roe V. Wade will be rescinded and to me we have many more important issues to discuss.
.6. Energy policy and a free flow of OIL, Clean NATURAL GAS, CLEAN COAL, NUCLEAR POWER, WIND AND SOLAR are the only ways that our vast country can become energy independent in the near future – not just one or two of these items.
7. FACT: Alaska has more OIL AND NATURAL GAS THAN SAUDI ARABIA. We have established pipelines before and that’s what supplies the US along with foreign oil, nuclear power and electric from coal and waterfalls.
8. Wolves and bears are dangerous when you live in the country – they invade homes when they are hungry and over populate. Clearly Alaska has a different lifestyle than we have in NYC and has different issues. Ask any suburbanite about their deer situation and they will tell you they hate them clearly.
9. Joseph Biden’s sons are all being investigated for HEDGE FUND FRAUD. THERE ARE SEVERAL LAWSUITS AGAINST THEM.
Joe Biden is part of the Washington Political machine – and he’s as filthy as they come – don’t kid yourself . While Obama was on the way to becoming a media darling and a wonderful legacy for the Black community he was busy courting slumlords in Chicago in order to finance his bid for Illinios’ state legislature.and befriended Weather Underground members who killed people in the 1960’s and were on the run until they were pardoned and decided to teach at the University of Chicago.
10. Obama’s tax and spend policy is an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. It will fuel inflation, decrease business investment, raise the price of Oil, devalue the dollar even further and put us further into debt. McCain’s economic policy is much more sound only if we are able to fuel growth. If you ask me, we’re in a pickle with either of these candidates unless we can get America working again. CHEAP ENERGY FUELS AND ENCOURAGES PRODUCTIVITY. Read the Wall Street Journal about the economic policies of BOTH CANDIDATES. Either way we are going to be feeling a lot of pain in the coming year and two.
11. EUROPE DOESN’T PRODUCE MUCH. THEY PAY nearly $10 A GALLON FOR GASOLINE AND ARE ON STRIKE ALL OF THE TIME – look at the striking record for the TGV and Europe’s rail system and the airlines and mail delivery in France. That says it all. The Euro is being manipulated by the German Central Bank. France, Italy and Spain are on Germany’s back BEGGING the Chancellor to lower interest rates. The average European cannot afford a very simple vacation or to go out to eat to a restaurant!!! Spain is having a major housing deflation and so is Ireland and the UK. You can read all of these articles in the NY Times
12. Palin was poised, articulate and informed considering the firestorm of controvery prior to her speech and is UNIQUELY QUALIFIED TO BE VICE PRESIDENT in my opinion.
I would much rather have Palin running the country than Obama. Chances are, he seems like he wants to be shot as he’s modeling his entire campaign based on another do nothing president, JFK who got us involved in the Bay of Pigs/Russian Missile Crisis.